Liv International

9am - 7pm020 7449 0449

Tenant Support

Tenant Support

As a tenant, you are entering into a legally binding contract which will tie-up a large portion of your hard-earned money. See our FAQs below to make sure you know your rights and responsibilities, and those of your landlord, regarding your lease.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is responsible for contacting the utility companies when I have moved into the property?

Once your contract begins, you will be responsible for contacting each utility company (i.e. gas, electric, water, phone, TV licence and council tax) and setting up accounts with each. You must remember to cancel these when you move out and take relevant meter readings.

Where is my deposit held?

Where applicable, your deposit will be held with either Liv International, the landlord or with a deposit protection scheme. This will be specified in your tenancy agreement. All of these ensure that your deposit is protected in the best interest of both you and the landlord.

What are my responsibilities as a tenant?

As a tenant, you have signed a contract agreeing to abide by certain rules and expectations. These will include paying your rent on time, paying any bills and service charges, taking good care of the property reporting any repairs, and in general being a considerate tenant and neighbour. You will also need to ask permission where it's required, for example when making improvements to the property, subletting or running a business from the property. In addition, you will need to stick to any specific terms in your tenancy agreement regarding smoking, pets, parking, gardening, etc. Always put requests to your landlord in writing, and keep a copy of their written permission.

Am I allowed to have pets in the property?

If the landlord consents, your pets will be able to live in the property with you. Usually this means adding another clause to your tenancy agreement regarding cleaning and maintenance, or even increasing your security deposit.

Is the property furnished or unfurnished?

This is usually stated in the property description and reflected in the rental amount. If you want to make any changes, such as un-furnishing the property, this is at the discretion of the landlord and may incur extra charges.

Who can I contact in case of any problems during my tenancy?

If the property is managed by Liv International, contact the Lettings team. If not, contact your landlord directly. The sooner you report any issues, the sooner they can be resolved with minimal inconvenience.

Call us now on 020 7449 0449